Thursday 2 February 2012

Frugal February

Yesterday I stumbled across 2 blogs - Dolly Mix and Big Girls Browse - both of which enlightened me to Frugal February... Aha, just what I need! Suffering from post-Christmas / silly season expenditure, my disposable income has hit an all time low. So this month I vow to spend as little as possible. Whilst I will remain loyal to my daily extra-hot, double shot, skinny cappuccino - there will be no money spent on clothes, cosmetics and beauty products. There will be no mid-week drinking out (I may stretch to a cheap bottle of wine at home) and Saturday nights out will be capped to £40? Can you have a good night out on £40?? Watch this space!


I cycle into work everyday (a 14 mile round trip!), saving me the cost of transport and I always make my own lunch, which must save me a fiver a day... I play netball 2, sometimes 3 evenings a week and also on a Saturday morning (which means I tend not to go out on a Friday night) and I have a Virgin gym membership (not cheap!) so try to make good use of it on nights I'm not playing sport...

How hard can this Frugal February lark be, if I just immerse myself in exercise, lay off the vino and big nights out and show a little restraint for 29 days towards pretty clothes, shoes and earrings?! Then maybe some of that self-restraint will carry itself over to March too... here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Frugal Feb and glad you found the sites! I'm giving up clothes shopping and trying to be better at buying cheap lunches haha, wish me luck. ;) xx

    ReplyDelete